This is Jim painting the trim and making repairs on our house. It's a good thing he doesn't mind heights! He has been putting up scaffolding and doing all the repairs before painting. Then he takes it down again to move to another area. He has been working on the stucco too. He is big on being safe, which I am glad he is! What a big job it is to maintain a home!
Can you believe he is on a ladder too?

Going where the faint of heart won't go...
He has quite the system with all the ladders and scaffolding.
MEMORIAL DAY
We went to Loa over Memorial Day weekend. Mom and Dad and Jim and I drove down to Capital Reef National Monument. It is sure beautiful country! Here a picture of "Chimney Rock".

This is a picture of the "Castle":

This is "Ship Rock":

RETIREMENT FUN

I decided to start sewing again (after 20 years). I oiled up the sewing machine and got everything ready to start sewing, thinking of all the projects I could begin. First I settled on making a Temple dress. I already had a pattern so I didn't buy a new one. I then went to buy fabric and was shocked at the prices. I had a great time trying to remember all the short cuts of sewing and I was pretty happy with my dress. Next I went to buy a new pattern at the fabric shop to start a new project. I about fell off my chair as patterns had gone from $2.00 to $14.95. So, I don't think I will be doing much sewing. However, my sewing machine is oiled up and ready to go for patching up holes.

I am loving being retired! I have been learning how to make bread (and rolls) from grinding our own wheat to making the loaves. I have to say it is delicious! I've been having fun making up for lost time in the cooking area, by trying all sorts of new recipes. I've tried my hand at making Manicotti, chinese pasta salad, flour tortillas, corn tortillas, and several other new recipes. Jim isn't complaining and he says he hasn't eaten so good for years. Wonder why...? Yup, I was working! Cooking is alot of fun! It is so wonderful just having
TIME to call my own.
1 comment:
OMG!! You are amazing! It looks like retirement was just what you needed! I'll look forward to having some of the same experiences!! Although I have to say, I miss you at work!!
Post a Comment