
I retired April 2, 2009 from IPP (Intermountain Power Plant) in Delta, Utah. This is a picture of the Department Head presenting me with my Retirement Plaque and the IPP History Book. It was a difficult decision, especially with the economy the way it is. However, we felt this was the time. I have kept busy and haven't regreted my decision. It's so nice sleeping past 5:00 a.m.
After working for 25 years, (eight at IPP) it is wonderful having TIME to get things done at home. And - I have a long list to get done! I have even learned to make bread and rolls. It is also hard to get out of the mind-set that I need to get everything done on the weekends... I find myself saying, "Wait - I can do that next week!" I love it!
Jim and I have a lot of places to go and people to see. So far retired life is GREAT!
The kids and Jim threw my a surprise Retirement Party. I didn't have a clue they were consorting such a thing! It was wonderful!
A Visit from the Mississippians
Cowboy Henry
Van and Heidi came to Utah for the month of April and spent two weeks with us. It was wonderful having them here. We had a blast with Henry. He kept us laughing all the time. Van worked with the local Vet during that month. He kept long doctor hours and the experience he received was packed with interesting cases. Van will graduate from Mississippi State Vet School next April.
Spring in Holden

We have had a beautiful spring this year. Here is a picture of our Apple tree and our Almond tree in full bloom. We have had a lot of rain this month and everything is so green and beautiful.

Celebrating 65 Years of Marriage
In March, our family celebrated my mom and dad's 65th Wedding Anniversary. We all got together and enjoyed visiting with one another over a wonderful meal and program. Here is a picture of my folks with five of their kids and their spouses. We are missing Stephen and Linda who are on a mission in Moscow Russia. However we were able to talk to them via the Web cam.
We gave Mom and Dad a "Family Tree" with all of our sweet mugs on it.

We tiled our backsplashes after Jim fabricated the beautiful counter tops
In February Jim and I went to Yuma, Arizona to visit Ray (Jim's Brother) and his wife, Billie. They took us to the Organ Pipe National Park as well as into Mexico where I stocked up on Vanilla and Olive oil. I didn't know there were so many kinds of catcus. What an interesting park!
.jpg)
We sure love our Grandkids! Here are a couple of pictures...
Curly headed Henry
Grandma & Henry at the Zoo
Nicole & Ivan's kids,Jessi & Mitch helping their daddy blow out his candles:

Jeff & Lindsay's son, Kyle playing with Playdough:
1 comment:
We miss you. But its always fun to chat on the phone. Call us anytime. The tile looks really nice.
Post a Comment